Saturday, February 28, 2015

I have seen the future of payments and it is now….


Feeling old.  Went to grab something for dinner at a Wegman’s that I was driving by (their ready to heat up offerings are some of my favorites).  I like the setup because you can grab what you want and jump in an express checkout and be out of the store is a matter of minutes.

I was the slowpoke.  The checkout line had several likeminded shoppers in front of me and a couple behind me – all with a handful of items and all using their phones for a quick pay feature.  The barely had to slow down through the line (except for the old guy who had to swipe a card).  I didn’t even have time to be embarrassed.
Outside, I noticed that a couple of my fast shopping colleagues got into waiting cars – they didn’t even have to park! So I have a prediction: drive through pre order pick up phone pay dinners.  I know that some chain restaurants will deliver your take-out to a waiting car, but I see the fast lane crowd ordering from their car from a set menu, arriving at an appointed hour, paying with their phone without taking the car out of gear. And most important feeling really proud of the accomplishment. Bet on it

No comments:

Post a Comment